La Matanza de Acentejo, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canarias, España
Finca Monica is located in La Matanza de Acentejo. The finca offers a breathtaking and uninterrupted view of the sea, the mountain “Teide” and the city of “Puerto de la Cruz”, and here you will enjoy unforgettable sunsets.
It is situated below the motorway at an altitude of about 380 metres above sea level in the region of “Puntillo del Sol”. Due to the lower position of the finca, the motorway is out of hearing range and the neighbours are far enough away to guarantee total privacy. Thanks to the close connection to the motorway, “Puerto de la Cruz” can be reached in 15 minutes and “Santa de la Cruz” in 25 minutes.
The plot extends over two adjoining plots. On one of the plots of approx. 1.500 m2 are the buildings, while the other plot of approx. 1.450 m2 is used for the cultivation of fruit and serves as a possible reserve of land for building. Both plots are situated on a slightly sloping hillside and are terraced.
Construction: The total living area is 368 m2 and is distributed over two floors. The house was designed and built by
German immigrants about 40 years ago and is free of defects such as damp, which is almost common on the island. The concrete structure is based on steel and concrete columns, and the intermediate spaces, as well as the design of the space, were made of hollow concrete blocks. The water pipes are made of metal and for the electrical installations, pipes were incorporated into the plastered walls.
Living spaces: The farm currently has a main living area and two holiday flats.
When designing the ground floor, the aspect of large, open spaces was taken into account. Listed below is a brief description of the ground floor flat:
– Kitchen with dishwasher, hob, oven and microwave (renovated in 2018).
– Dining room with fireplace and efficient pellet cooker
– Children’s room with large window
– Guest room with washbasin
– Master bedroom with separate his and hers dressing room
– Bathroom with freestanding cast-iron claw-foot bath, shower, twin sinks and toilet (renovated in 2019)
– Guest toilet (renovated in 2020)
– Tool and storage room with ample space
In realising the two holiday flats, we placed great emphasis on maintaining a high standard of quality. Each of the two flats has the following features:
– 50 sqm loft flat, ideal for two persons, maximum for 4 persons.
– Double bed with spring mattress
– Sofa (which can be used as an additional double bed)
– Kitchen with fridge, oven, cooker, dishwasher and cooking utensils
– Dining table
– Large, sunny, partly covered terrace
– Enjoy an amazing view of Puerto de la Cruz, the sea and the Teide.
Water: Finca Monica has a municipal water connection and, in addition, a connection for the economic farm water of the “Comunidad de Aguas Unión Norte”, a water storage tank of about 50.000 litres and a swimming pool of about 30.000 litres. The fruit plantation is automatically irrigated from the storage tank. The swimming pool is heated by a solar tube system, which allows swimming practically all year round.
Yield: The two holiday flats are rented out and the occupancy can be proven to be 75%. Should the finca be used only for private use in the future, we would take care of closing the tourist business.